Richeimer's triple board certifications in pain management, anesthesiology,
and psychiatry provide him with unique qualifications to assess issues
related to pain and suffering, pain management and pain medications.
Dr. Richeimer has extensive experience as a pain educator and public
speaker which has been invaluable in his work as an expert consultant
in medical-legal cases. Dr. Richeimer is an Associate Professor
of Anesthesiology and Psychiatry, and the director of the multidisciplinary
pain management program at the University of Southern California.
Dr. Richeimer has provided expert consulting on a variety of medical-legal
- Malpractice regarding pain medications
- Malpractice regarding nerve blocks and spinal injections
- Malpractice regarding spinal pumps and stimulators
- Affects of pain and pain medications on legal and personal decision making
- Degree of impairment and disability caused by pain
- Diagnosis and treatment of reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD or CRPS)
- Diagnosis and treatment of back pain
Curriculum Vitae Highlights:
Steven Richeimer, M.D.
Director, USC Pain Management
Los Angeles, California, USA
Associate Clinical Professor, Departments of Anesthesiology and Psychiatry
USC Keck School of Medicine
- Triple Boarded in Anesthesiology, Psychiatry, and Pain Management
- Harvard Medical School - Pain Management Fellowship
- UCLA - Anesthesiology Residency
- UCLA -Psychiatry Residency
- UCSF - Medical Doctorate
- Stanford - Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Former Director, Pain Treatment Center, Department of Anesthesiology, UCD
- Former Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Psychiatry, UCLA
- Former Associate Unit Director, Adult Psychiatry Inpatient Service, UCLA
Lectures: Demystifying Pain Management: What Works and Why; The Psychological and Pharmacological Complications of Pain Treatment: Evaluation and Treatment of
Low Back Pain; The Art and Technology of Pain Medicine; Update on Acute Pain Management; Understanding Neuropathic Pain; and A Guided Tour of Nerve Blocks.